5 Tips For How To Have Beautiful Hair
1. You don't have to shampoo everyday. It's true. Women with textured hair know this fact all too well. Instead, take a vacation from your daily wet shampoo routine, and use a dry shampoo every other day. The resulting action of their ingredients absorbs your excess oils, and restores volume.
2. Do home reconditioning treatments. Exposure to the sun results in sun bleached hair. Salt water, chlorinated pools, over lightening & processing, and repeated dependency on heat styling tools are other reasons why the hair needs to be reconditioned. For to neglect, your hair becomes dry, dull, thin, and unmanageable in a short time period. Dimension A Salon recommends Kur Conditioning Treatment to combat today's way-of-life demands on the hair.
3. Avoid lesser quality hair care products. Why you ask? Because it has to deal with the products' pH as well as ingredient makeup. Lesser quality hair care products tend to amplify dryness, and cause color to slip from the hair. Say what? When compared to the added expense of color readjusting, these types of products offer minor savings. Investing in quality hair care is your arsenal to combat expensive salon visits.
4. Work with a well-rounded professional hair colorist. Only a colorist knows how to achieve results while guiding you away from color catastrophes as well as educating you on how to properly care for your coloring investment.
5. Getting haircuts keeps your hair ends looking clean, but cutting your hair does not make it grow faster. The old myth of getting your haircut every six weeks is false. That is unless you want a specific length to be maintained. Professional hairstylists understand what it will take, in terms of length and shape, to get your hair where you want it. Be sure to ask questions, and bring pictures so that your communication is clear. Also, be open to hear what the stylist is saying as well. By working together, you'll achieve a look that's manageable as well as beautiful.
Fall Hair Color Trends For 2011
#1 Brunette Luminescence
This hair color trend slides lighter down the hair shaft with the hair ends giving way to a warm sun-steeped appearance. Recent photos of Emily Blunt example this up-and-coming hair-coloring trend.
#2 Enchanting Redheads
By balancing shades of strawberry blonde interwoven with coppery gold and fiery red, this dazzling hair color trend brings about a sensual sureness. Actress Emma Stone, Isla Fisher, and model Eniko Mihalik come to mind.
#3 Bold Blonde
Yes bold! If you think you're already light, then think again. Go lighter. The trick to this hair color trend is to have the colors balanced. Be inspired with champagne blonde on platinum blonde, or lightest blonde gold on topaz blonde. Abbey Lee Kershaw's hair color transformation is the lead to follow.
No matter what hair color change you want to carry off this fall, Dimension A Salon will work with you to find that second to none hair color. Let our 27-years of experience go to work for you. Contact us for your well-crafted beautiful hair color.
Back To School Fall Hair Trends, West Coast
Straight from the sources!
For the ladies:
Long layers & short crops continue to rampage along with hair color accents ranging from eye-catching contrast to color enhancing highlights.
Think Carrey Mulligan vs. Jessica Alba vs. Lauren Conrad.
We say kick up that monotone color ladies! Check out our Blonde Divas, Alluring Brunettes, or Mystic Redheads for how we can help make your hair color standout amongst the crowds.
For the guys:
Stylish, bold, indie hair that is sorter on the sides to give the look a "clean cut feel" with the front tousled forward, is this fall's trend direction for a sharp male look. The haircut emphasis is on the texture. The individualized tailored finish is extremely adaptable, so it can be worn sleek, messy, or relaxed. How will you wear yours?
So, are you ready to dive in? Our personalized haircutting techniques are as easy as 1-2-3 for you to manage. Check us out, and then make an appointment. Come on- what are you waiting for?
Summer Haircare 101
Here we are in the middle of summer, and Dimension A Salon already is seeing the damaging effects that the sun does to the hair. You know the signs. Your hair becomes drier, the color becomes washed-out (remember how much it cost for that hair color), and the ends split as well as frizz more. So what is a gal to do when spending the days catching rays by the pool, at the beach, or exploring the trails? Begin by investing in a modern UV hat, or UV headscarf, and wrap your hair up in it. Simple right? Now, we hear you when you proclaim ugh to hats or a headscarf, so another alternative is to purchase sunscreen hair care products. Those products have to be reapplied just as frequently as you would reapply sunscreen to your skin (you do this don't you?). Yet quality sunscreen for the hair is not easy to find, so we also recommend taking some of your favorite sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher), and dilute it with water to spray on your hair while luxuriating in those rays. Just buy a spray bottle, and use one forth sunscreen to three forth water. Be sure to shake prior to each spraying, and do spray regularly while luxuriating.
One last thing, swimming pools can wreak havoc with your hair too. Whether it's salt or chlorine, apply a layer of hair conditioner (we recommend Kur treatment conditioner
) prior to plunging in. First, spray down or wet your hair. Next, apply conditioner from ends to scalp, and jump in. When done swimming, playing in the ocean or any other type of water, be sure to thoroughly rinse your hair. If no outdoor shower(s) exist, plan on packing a couple liter bottles of inexpensive soda water (the large bubble type) to pour over your hair because those bubbles will help knockdown the left behind gunk. There you go. Now go get yourself some more summer, and checkout our weekday service menu
for some scrumptious bundled service packages. Until next time, remember to always keep your hair looking healthy and shiny.